Bizrate Insights· Author
As more states begin the slow and careful process of lifting shelter-in-place orders, retailers are beginning to look ahead. They’re applying the lessons they’ve learned in the past two months, rethinking key aspects of their business operations, and preparing for an uncertain future.
Here’s where Bizrate Insights’ survey data was featured in May:
- eMarketer, “What Grocery Retailers Can Learn from the Past Weeks.” May 5, 2020.
- While grocery stores haven’t had to deal with the existential problems facing other retailers, COVID-19 has still made a massive impact on its industry. Since the start of the pandemic, grocers have seen serious supply chain disruptions and a faster-than-expected adoption of online ordering. eMarketer shows how consumers have started buying groceries differently since the pandemic, and how businesses are responding to these changes.
- eMarketer, “Five Charts: How Coronavirus Has Impacted Digital Grocery.” May 12, 2020.
- The past two months have seen a huge rise in demand for groceries, which has led to a widespread usage of digital grocery shopping that far exceeded industry expectations. eMarketer uses data from Bizrate Insights and other sources to show how the digital grocery sector has grown, which companies are leading, and what challenges lie ahead.
- CommerceNext, “How Will COVID-19 Change Shopping Habits?” May 12, 2020.
- CommerceNext is a leading annual summit for ecommerce retailers focused on customer acquisition. They partnered with Bizrate Insights to survey shoppers about how their shopping habits have changed as a result of COVID-19, examining how it has affected behavior in both the short-term and the long-term.
- Digital Commerce 360, “The Shopper Speaks: So what about the holidays?” May 13, 2020.
- One important question looming over retailers has been exactly how 2020 holiday shopping will be affected by the health and economic impact of the coronavirus. While a great deal of uncertainty still surrounds Q4 spending, Digital Commerce 360 uses survey data from Bizrate Insights to share what consumers are thinking about the holidays.
- Digital Commerce 360, “The Shopper Speaks: The fate of free shipping.” May 26, 2020.
- Free shipping is a strong incentive for purchase but can be inordinately expensive for all but the largest ecommerce retailers. Using data from Bizrate Insights, Digital Commerce 360 investigates the lasting appeal of free shipping to consumers, and how retailers are learning to offer the option without adversely affecting their bottom line.
The COVID-19 crisis has been a difficult period for retailers, and while many are beginning to adjust, the future remains unclear for other brands. Some, including Neiman Marcus and J. Crew, have declared bankruptcy, while others are seeing record profits. Bizrate Insights will continue to track and report on how the coronavirus is affecting consumer behavior to better prepare retailers for the months ahead.