- Software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- Our social media pages located on
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Apps, Social Media Pages, and emails as the “Services.”
You can read this policy in full, here. Here are the highlights:
|What Personal Information Do We Collect About You?
|Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?
|How We Use Your Information?
|Who Do We Share Your Information With?
|How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?
You can tell us how we can use your information by clicking on the links below:
|Children’s Privacy||We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16.|
|Rights for Our California Residents
In addition to the rights mentioned above in the “How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information” section, if you’re a resident of California, you also have the right to:
|Rights for Our Nevada Residents
If you’re a resident of Nevada you have the right to:
|How You Can Learn More
Click here to read our full Privacy Statement
Still can’t find what you’re looking for about our data privacy practices? Don’t worry, just reach out to us via email by clicking here
What Information We Collect?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including:
- Email address
- Postal code
- Optional information (such as nickname)
- Optional demographic information (such as gender, age, educational level, marital status, ethnicity, income, and number and age range of your children)
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
In addition, if you voluntarily elect to provide us with additional demographic information in order to participate on our survey panel, the information may include your survey responses, as well as information such as your:
- Health issues and your household’s health issues (such as medical diagnoses, medical conditions, medical diagnoses and conditions of those you give care to, the use of visual/hearing aids, allergies, physical symptoms, and use of prescription and over-the-counter medications)
- Political affiliation
- Ages of your children
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- App usage data
- Internet or wireless service provider
- Your opinions about various products, programs, and services, if you participate on our survey panel
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- From You.
- We collect Personal Information (from you) through the Services, for example, when you participate in surveys or submit reviews, register an account to access the Services, order publications and products, enter contests or sweepstakes, play games, take quizzes, vote in polls, participate in one of our online forums or communities, or redeem points for gift cards and other rewards.
- From Other Sources.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- Our affiliates, including Synapse Group, Inc.;
- Market research companies and third-party survey sponsors that have partnered with us for survey panels, when they share your demographic information (but not your survey answers) with us;
- Publicly available databases; and
- Joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your use of the App.
- When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- IP Address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your browser by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Physical Location.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, offers, and content. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, but if you do, we will not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as allowing you to submit reviews, assisting you with redeeming points for gift cards and other rewards, sending surveys to you, and providing you with related customer service.
- To allow you to participate in surveys from third parties.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services and other news about our company.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To determine which panels would be appropriate based on your interests, background, and experiences.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion.
- Your Personal Information will be used to facilitate your participation in the sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, including for receiving payouts and prizes.
- Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. Please read those additional rules before choosing to participate.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may partner with third-party advertising companies that serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use other websites or online services.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We disclose Personal Information:
- Personal Information disclosed to these third parties may include the optional demographic information provided by you.
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- You may be able to post information and content in connection with surveys, reviews, our Social Media pages, our online forums or communities, and other services. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. Reviews, for example, may be posted on third-party sites or services, including search engines.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?
What Rights Do You Have?
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
How you can access or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to access or delete Personal Information, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to access or delete. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information to comply with legal requirements and for recordkeeping purposes and to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by writing to email@example.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user, by a third-party site or service, and/or by a publicly available search engine.
What Other Choices Do You Have?
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing-related emails from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by submitting this form.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. If you prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of this submitting this form.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by submitting this form.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Third Party Services
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, other device manufacturers or software providers, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media platform providers, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Additional Privacy Information
- Sensitive Information. Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Rights for Our California Residents
This section contains information on the personal information we collect about residents of California (our “California Consumers”), including the sources of that information, how that informed is used, who it is shared with, and the rights that California Consumers have under California law. Our collection of your information, our data sharing practices, and your privacy rights are discussed below.
I. Our Collection of Your Information
|What Information Do We Collect About You?||Where Do We Collect this Information From?||Why Do We Collect this Information?||Who Do We Share this Information With?|
|Contact Information (Name, Email, Postal Address, Zip Code, Telephone Number, Fax Number)||
|Demographic Information (gender, age, educational level, marital status, ethnicity, income, and number and age range of your children)||
Online Identifiers (IP addresses, device IDs, and other internal and third party identifiers we use to recognize you online)
|Online activity information (browsing history, search history, information about your interactions with our Services)||
Interests, Preferences and other Behavioral Data (including purchase behaviors)
Your Survey Responses if you participate on our survey panel (such as information about your occupation, health issues, political affiliation, religion, hobbies, ages of your children, and your opinions about various products, programs, and services)
II. Our Data Sharing Practices
We share the personal information below with our Service Providers. Our Service Providers help us send our newsletters to you, fulfill your orders, provide advertising and marketing services, and analytics, and other activities that support our business Service Providers only use the personal information we share with them to provide these services to us.
Below are the categories of personal information we disclose to our Service Providers:
- Contact Information
- Demographic Information
- Online Identifiers
- Online activity information
- Your Survey Responses
- Payment Information
- Interests, Preferences and other Behavioral Data
III. Your Privacy Rights
What Rights Do You Have?
- Shine the Light Rights – You have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
IV. How Do You Submit These Requests to Us?
In addition to the rights detailed in the “How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?” section above, California residents can:
- Contact us to exercise your Shine the Light Rights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights for our Nevada Residents
If you would like to request that Bizrate Insights, Inc., refrain from selling your Covered Information, as defined under Nevada law, please contact email@example.com.
How Can You Learn More
How to Contact Us
Bizrate Insights, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Department
225 High Ridge Rd., East Building
Stamford, CT 06905
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.