Bizrate Insights News Roundup: July 2019
As a leading source of customer feedback, Bizrate Insights is regularly cited in media articles and industry reports. Here’s where our data was used or mentioned this month:
- eCommerce businesses are facing down several obstacles this year, like tariffs from the trade war with China and Amazon’s new one-day free shipping option. But many are still optimistic, with 44% expecting their online sales to grow at least 25% in the final two months of the year.
- Internet Retailer, “Many routes to a happy holiday season.” July 29, 2019.
- Fast, free shipping continues to be important to online shoppers. In response, marketplaces have begun offering fulfillment options to help merchants meet these customer expectations. Following Shopify’s announcement last month, eBay is launching its own fulfillment service called Managed Delivery to help retailers store, pack, and ship their products.
- Internet Retailer, “eBay to launch fulfillment services for sellers.” July 24, 2019.
- Smart speakers are a growing market – more than many people predicted. Most of the growth, however, is focused in entertainment like music and movies, with far fewer people using speakers to purchase things like groceries or electronics.
- A List Daily, “38 Million US Consumers Expected to Shop Via Smart Speaker by 2021.” July 15, 2019.
- Mobile Marketer, “EMarketer: Shopping on smart speakers is growing faster than previously forecast.” July 10, 2019.
- According to an April 2019 survey, more than half of Generation X has used a mobile app to find information about a product or service or to make a purchase. This doesn’t necessarily mean they want to engage with a brand further, though, with only 11% following those brands on social media.
- eMarketer, “How mobile and social figure into Gen X shopping.” July 14, 2019.
- Amazon Prime Day was on everyone’s minds in July, and Amazon had good reason to look forward to it. They’ve been seeing monumental growth in Prime Day sales every year, and 2019 was no different, with Internet Retailer predicting it would be Amazon’s biggest sales event ever.
- Internet Retailer, “Amazon’s Prime Day sales will jump 46%.” July 10, 2019.