Bizrate Insights In the News – September 2019
Bizrate Insights tracks consumer spending behavior and shopping trends to gain relevant market insights throughout the year. From Amazon price wars, to BOPIS strategies and social commerce, here’s where Bizrate Insights data appeared in the news this September:
- For consumers, Amazon is a marketplace. For small businesses, it’s a battlefield. Here’s how sellers compete for price-sensitive consumers.
- Internet Retailer, How Amazon sellers arm themselves for price wars. September 4th, 2019.
- Love it (as a shopper) or hate it (as a retailer), free shipping is here to stay. Here’s what Internet Retailer Top 1000 retailers do to meet their customers’ demands and still turn a profit.
- Internet Retailer, How Top 1000 retailers meet consumer demands for fast, free shipping. September 4th, 2019
- Social commerce – the integration of shopping into platforms like Instagram – is one of the fastest-growing ecommerce trends, with more than a third of US consumers reporting making a purchase through social media.
- Fibre2Fashion.com, Social commerce leads to adoption of new tech: US survey. September 6th, 2019.
- Omnichannel retailers love BOPIS, and so do their customers. We found that in nearly a quarter of cases, an in-store pickup leads to additional purchases.
- Yahoo! Think tank: How retailers can develop a more sustainable BOPIS strategy. September 9th, 2019.
- It’s no surprise that Millennials and Generation Z are doing most of their shopping online – but more than half made a purchase inspired by social media.
- eMarketer, Consumers Are Influenced by Brands on Social. September 10, 2019.
- We partnered with Internet Retailer to reveal back to school shoppers’ online preferences and buying behavior – including their favorite stores to the key influences driving their shopping choices.
- Internet Retailer, The Shopper Speaks: Back to school – New year, new shopping list. September 17th, 2019.
- Over a quarter of consumers reported being frustrated because they were unable to return an online order to a physical store.
- Internet Retailer, Every Cost Plus World Market now features a Happy Returns Return Bar. September 24th, 2019.
- Baby boomers may not be as attached to their smartphones as younger generations. But almost 60% still use them to make purchases online.
- eMarketer, Roughly six in 10 Baby Boomers Are Digital Buyers. September 24, 2019.