Bizrate Insights in the News – November 2019
What can the holiday season teach us about balancing customer satisfaction and maximizing profits? For many shoppers, price is no longer the ultimate bottom line. Return policies and conversion channels like social media are playing increasingly important roles in the customer journey and are becoming critical elements of the customer experience.
Here’s where Bizrate Insights research was used to report on these topics and more in our monthly press roundup:
- Returns are an important facet of your CX, but they can also be extremely expensive. That’s why third-party companies are stepping up to help fill the need for a convenient returns and exchange process. With 55% of consumers listing free return shipping among the top three most important aspects of a superior customer experience, it can become a clear competitive edge.
- Digital Commerce 360, Rothy’s increases customer lifetime value with Happy Returns. November 5, 2019.
- We partnered with Digital Commerce 360 to study holidays shopping trends and uncover what’s most important to consumers this season. Lauren Freedman, senior consumer insights analyst with Internet Retailer, covers key findings on buyer sentiment about gift buying, choosing a retailer, and the overall holiday shopping experience.
- Digital Commerce 360, The Shopper Speaks: Researching and getting ready for the holidays. Nov. 11, 2019
- One of the major stories of this holiday season is the important role that social commerce will play. Retail Touchpoints takes a deep dive into this topic with their recently published Tech Guide on using social media to drive product conversions. The guide includes Bizrate Insights data to document the growth of social commerce year over year.
- Retail TouchPoints, Push Social Commerce Beyond Product Discovery To Drive Conversions. November 13, 2019.
- More than half (57%) of shoppers are making holiday purchases before Black Friday, according to Bizrate Insights data. Digital Commerce 360’s “Shopper Speaks” series continues with a breakdown of the advantages (and disadvantages) of early shopping.
- Digital Commerce 360, The Shopper Speaks: The pros and cons of shopping early. November 14, 2019.
- Instagram made waves when the company announced it was removing likes from their platform. Many marketers are welcoming the change and adopting more strategic and accurate KPIs as social commerce emerges as a growing, but important vertical used by 35% of shoppers, according to a Bizrate Insights survey.
- eMarketer, Instagram Removing Likes Could Boost Social Commerce and Retail Measurement. November 14, 2019.
- Retail fraud is on the rise, but so far, it hasn’t made much impact on consumers. Only 5% of shoppers claim they find the process of identity verification frustrating, according to an Internet Retailer/Bizrate Insights study.
- Digital Commerce 360, Retailers adapt to rising fraud rates. November 20, 2019.