Bizrate Insights In the News: December 2019
The holiday season started earlier than ever as retailers attempted to overcome uneasy consumer confidence in the economy, and shoppers lost their trust in big tech just as social commerce was finding its footing.
Here’s where Bizrate Insights’ research was featured in stories about these topics and more:
- We partnered with Digital Commerce 360 and measured consumer participation in Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Their “Shopper Speaks” series digs deeper into shopper behavior and what ultimately motivates people to buy.
- Digital Commerce 360, “The Shopper Speaks: Everybody shops, but the deal is king.” December 5, 2019.
- Shoppable posts were added to Instagram earlier this year, and influencers have quickly proven to be one of the main purchase drivers. With social commerce activity up 8% over last year, effective influencer marketing could be one of the most important elements of success in 2020.
- eMarketer, “Influencers Could Help Drive Social Commerce.” December 10, 2019.
- We discovered through our own research this year that more shoppers are choosing to make holiday purchases early. But Digital Commerce 360 says the best deals can often be found at the last minute.
- Digital Commerce 360, “The Shopper Speaks: It pays to wait.” December 10, 2019.
- In a recent Bizrate Insights/Digital Commerce 360 survey, 67% of consumers selected free shipping as an essential part of the shopping experience. To stay competitive, retailers are getting creative with how they offer it.
- Digital Commerce 360, “Top e-retailers sweeten free shipping offers to boost holiday sales.” December 16, 2019.
- 2019 may have been difficult for retailers, but Facebook’s year has arguably been even worse. After several scandals and a $5 billion FTC fine, just 19% of internet users trust Facebook with their personal information. As the company increasingly makes inroads into ecommerce through its social channels, this trust may play a significant role in how consumers ultimately choose to shop online.
- eMarketer, “Facebook’s Year in Review: Grading Its Progress on Three Big Questions.” December 16, 2019.
With a tumultuous 2019 behind us, we’re excited and optimistic to be looking forward into 2020 to see what new technologies and innovations the new year brings.