Site Abandonment Survey Code
Bizrate Insights’ Site Abandonment Solution generates actionable Insights to improve your website’s performance by understanding your customer’s experience.
There are two simple ways to integrate the Site Abandonment Solution:
- Add the Site Abandonment Survey code into the HTML body of every page of your website.
- Add the Bizrate Insights Site Abandonment Survey code using a tag manager. We currently partner with the tag managers listed below, and are in queue to implement the new code. In the meantime, please contact your account manager and we will coordinate with the tag manager on your behalf.
- EnSighten (formerly TagMan)
- Google Tag Manager
- Signal (formerly Bright Tag)
Data collection begins as soon as the survey is live on your website; Buyer results can be viewed in near real-time via the VitalSigns portal. Site Abandonment results begin streaming soon. – VitalSigns.bizrate.com
Site Abandonment Code – Basic Setup
BASIC CODE IMPLEMENTATION
Control to Customize
We are constantly testing the latest tech to fully optimize the experience and shape the usability of our default invitation for all screen sizes. This ensures your customer’s experience with Bizrate Insights’ solution is optimized across all desktop, tablet, and mobile screens.
There are multiple ways to customize the Site Abandonment invitations without ever changing the code on your website. We make this simple by granting you access to a tool within VitalSigns to control the survey invitation experience for desktop, tablet, and mobile screens. While this interface is under development, please contact us, or your account manager, to update on your behalf.
Site Abandonment customizations include:
- Position of the invitation on your webpage – defaults centered in the browser window
- Frequency that the invitation is offered to repeat visitors – defaults to once per shopping session
- Percentage of traffic receiving the invitation – defaults to 100% of traffic
- Invitation look & design – default displays 300 x 250 intercept modal
- Rendering style & usability – default displays once the user’s cursor enters the browser navigation area
- Trigger invitation from user actions which you can customize by page & device type:
- Number of page views – default off; set your custom number
- Page scrolled percentage – default off; set your custom percentage
- Time on site – we calculate in the background; set your custom time
- Time on page – we calculate in the background; set your custom time
- Item removed from cart – default off; set your custom criteria
- Value of items placed in cart – default off; set your custom dollar amount
Site Abandonment Survey Code Advanced Setup
By configuring and including optional code snippets, you generate further actionable Insights to improve your website’s performance by understanding your customer’s experience. You are encouraged to include all optional passed-in data. Additional reporting options, which may incur a fee, include:
- Shopper abandonment stage:
- After viewing the home page or product pages
- After placing items in cart
- After beginning the checkout process
- Products viewed
- Products added to the cart
- Path of pages and products viewed
- Exit page
- Referring URL
- Customer identification assigned by you
DATA PASSING DICTIONARY
Note: Make sure to have the basic code on the page before including any additional code and passed-in data. All data, except for your site’s MID, is optional and will be treated as strings. Please note that the string below includes placeholders and must be replaced with the data being called from your site (i.e. page identifier, your Order ID, etc.)