The Connexity Publisher Program makes Placement IDs available for your use to help track the effectiveness of your chosen assets, or their placement on your website. You can define and use unique Placement IDs on different sections of your website to track your earnings on a more granular level.
For example, if you have a Connexity Publisher Program ad on the top of your homepage and one placed at the footer of your homepage, you can define Placement ID 1 to identify the ad on the top, and Placement ID 2 for the ad in the footer. The Connexity Publisher Portal Reporting will allow you to break down your earnings by Placement ID. By using Placement IDs, you can fine tune and optimize ad placement to ensure that you are maximizing your website’s earning potential.
A few important things that you need to remember about the use of Placement IDs:
- A Placement ID must always be used. If you do not use a Placement ID, your traffic will not be tracked properly and you will not be paid.
- The default Placement ID is 1. You may leave your Placement ID as 1 for all of your assets if you do not wish to take advantage of Placement IDs.
- Placement IDs must by a positive integer. Zero, decimals, negative numbers, and non-numeric characters are not allowed. Should you pass a Placement ID with a character that is not allowed, your Placement ID will convert to ‘Placement ID 0’, which means that your traffic will not be tracked properly and you will not be paid.
- Only Placement IDs 1-99 are broken out in the Connexity Publisher Portal Reporting. If you use Placement IDs above 99, the traffic sent through those Placement IDs above 99 will be aggregated under ‘Other’ within your Connexity Publisher Portal Reporting. Should you require broken out reporting for Placement IDs above 99, please contact the Connexity Publisher Team for a daily email report.
- Never use Placement IDs beyond 999999999. Should you use a Placement ID above nine digits, your Placement ID will convert to ‘Placement ID 0’, which means that your traffic will not be tracked properly and you will not be paid.
If your Placement IDs are used incorrectly, you will not be paid for the misplaced traffic.